Thursday 9 February 2017

#throwbackthursday

I don't particularly like how that hashtag sounds but I'm using it anyway.

I will (try to) upload an old piece of art weekly! I think it's important for artists to keep looking back at old work. Some pieces you will love, some you will loathe but all of them count as experience! Artistic improvement can be so gradual that you don't feel like you've improved at all, so being able to compare to past work is definitely helpful.

The piece below was an experiment in digital painting. My style is often very cartoony for good reason - I rush. I'm so eager for a finished product that I've envisioned in my mind, realism doesn't get a look in. Drawing something so serious in a style I still wasn't happy with means I dislike this particular picture but it still stands as one of my proper attempts at a digital painting that doesn't involve harsh lines and filled in colours.


 Let It Go - Nov 2014 - Lauren Newman

Goodnight folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment